Mid-American Rare Coin Galleries, Inc.
1707 Nicholasville Road
Mid American Rare Coin Gallery - America's Gold Specialist
- The founder of Mid-American Rare Coin Galleries, Jeff Garrett, is considered one of the nation's top experts in United States coinage.
- Jeff Garrett owns and operates Mid American Rare Coins Galleries (www.rarecoingallery.com) and is a major shareholder in Sarasota Rare Coin Galleries (www.sarasotacoin.com), combined doing over $25 million annually is sales in rare coins and precious metals in two locations, Lexington, KY and Sarasota, FL.
- He has authored many of today's most popular rare coin books including the Encyclopedia of U.S. Gold Coinage, 100 Greatest U.S. Coins, and United States Coinage, a study by Type. He is also the price editor for the Guide Book of United States Coins Redbook.
- The "Experts-Expert"- Nearly everyday someone calls Jeff Garrett for numismatic advice. This includes many of the nation's largest coin dealers, publishers, museums, and institutions.
- Knowledge is the foundation of Jeff Garrett'S numismatic career. With over 35 years of experience, he is one of the top experts in numismatics. He has personally bought and sold nearly every United States coin ever issued.
- Jeff was also one of the original coin graders for the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) and is considered one of the countries best coin graders. In fact, Jeff was the winner of the 2005 PCGS World Series of Grading.
- Jeff is also an important part of the Smithsonian's National Numismatic Department and serves as consultant to the museum on funding, exhibits, conservation, and research. Thanks to Jeff's and many others efforts, rare coins are once again on exhibit at the Smithsonian'S Museum of American History. We urge everyone who visits Washington D.C. to view the fabulous display.
- Another important aspect of his career is his membership in the Professional Numismatic Guild, to which he has belonged since 1982. Garrett has recently been President of the prestigious organization. In 2009 Garrett ran successfully for a seat on the board of governors for the American Numismatic Association. The ANA is the leading numismatic club in the world.
- ANA Life Member since 1975
- Professional Numismatic Guild (PNG) since 1982
- Past President, Vice President, Treasurer of the PNG
- Recipient of the PNG's Abe Kosoff Founders Award
- Recipient of the PNG's Art Kagin Ambassador Award
- Elected to the American Numismatic Association Board of Governors in 2009
- Author of 100 Greatest U.S. Coins (NLG 2003 Book of the Year)
- Author of United States Coinage- A Study by Type
- Author of Encyclopedia of United States Gold Coinage
- Valuations Editor of the Guidbook of U.S. Coins (Redbook)
- Consultant to the Smithsonian Institute, National Numismatic Collection, Washington, D.C.
- Founder of the Bluegrass Coin Club
This Dealer has no items currently listed