Legend Rare Coin Auctions closes out 2015 with a strong showing in Las Vegas
- December 29, 2015
LAS VEGAS – Legend Rare Coin Auctions finished the year with another strong sale. The Regency Auction XV, which was headlined by a number of exciting early Bust coins, a run of terrific gold pieces, and several dozen beautifully toned Morgan Dollars, saw collectors and internet bidders in general come out in full force. At 477 lots, the sale was one of the largest in the auction house's three and a half year history, and record internet bidding drove up prices across the board.
1C 1854 PCGS MS65RD, $7,343.75
Julie Abrams, Legend Rare Coin Auctions president, was "ecstatic with all aspects of the sale. This was by far our most diverse and one of the largest sales since the foundation of the auction house. The response from our bidders reflected that. With hundreds of registrants, many of which were first time bidders, and record numbers of unique bidders, lot views, unique bidders, and active internet bids, The Regency Auction XV looks to usher in 2016 on a high note!"
The sale's final total was $2,626,632.60 with buyer's premium, and a few of the highlights include:
- Lot # 14 - 1C 1854 PCGS MS65RD, $7,343.75
- Lot # 52 - 2C 1864 LARGE MOTTO PCGS PR66RD CAM, $35,250.00
- Lot # 98 - 5C 1937-D 3 LEGGED PCGS MS66+, $88,125.00
H10C 1796 LIBEKTY PCGS MS63 EX SIMPSON, $37,600.00
- Lot # 110 - H10C 1796 LIBEKTY PCGS MS63 EX SIMPSON, $37,600.00
- Lot # 138 - 10C 1863-S PCGS MS65+ EX SIMPSON, $43,475.00
- Lot # 202 - 25C 1918-S PCGS MS66+ FH , $45,825.00
- Lot # 217 - 50C 1796 15 STARS PCGS VF30, $99,875.00
- Lot # 244 - 50C 1891 NGC PR68* CAM EX SIMPSON, $15,862.50
- Lot # 338 - $1 1879-CC PCGS MS64 PL, $14,687.50
- Lot # 347 - $1 1881-CC PCGS MS66 DMPL, $10,575.00
- Lot # 413 - G$1 1867 PCGS MS67+ , $27,025.00
- Lot # 423 - $2.5 1896 PCGS PR68 DCAM, $55,812.50
- Lot # 447 - $20 1904 PCGS MS66+, $14,687.50
Legend Rare Coin Auctions founder and partner Laura Sperber "was thrilled that our auction attracted the most registered bidders and the highest usage of our live bidding feature to date, especially during a choppy market. In addition, at least 90% of the sale was purchased by collectors. The results were far better than expected and on behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank everyone who participated in making this sale a success!"
$2.5 1896 PCGS PR68 DCAM, $55,812.50
All prices realized for The Regency Auction XV are now available on the Legend Rare Coin Auctions website: http://www.legendauctions.com/.
The next Legend Rare Coin Auctions sale, The Regency Auction XVI will be held at The Venetian Las Vegas on Thursday, February 18th in conjunction with the PCGS Members Only Show.
For information about Legend Rare Coin Auctions or consigning to the February Regency Auction XVI, e-mail Julie Abrams at [email protected], call 845-430-4378, or visit http://www.legendauctions.com/.
Article provided by PCGS at www.pcgs.com