Legend's Regency Auction 18 Smashes Records: Toned Morgan Dollars Bring "Beyond Moon Money"
- September 30, 2016
(Lincroft, NJ. September 30, 2016)—Two collections of magnificently toned Morgan dollar collections highlighted Legend Rare Coin Auction’s 18th Regency Auction, held on September 29 in conjunction with the PCGS Members Only Show.
World Record Prices for spectacular, "monster" toned Morgans were realized, and included:
Lot 52 $1881-S PCGS MS68 CAC
Lot 100 $1 1882-S PCGS MS68 CAC Ex Flannagan Collection
Lot 111 Phil Flannagan’s 50C 1795 PCGS MS63 CAC
Lot 318 50C 1807 O-113 Small Stars. PCGS MS63 Ex Col. Green and Newman Collections
- Lot 52 $1881-S PCGS MS68 CAC realized $25,850
- Lot 77 $1 1881-S PCGS MS66 CAC Ex Northern Lights, named "Peacock’s Splendor" realized $7,050
- Lot 79 $1 1881-S PCGS MS67 CAC Ex Northern Lights, named "Mother Nature’s Masterpiece" realized $6,462.50
- Lot 84 $1 1885 PCGS MS66 DMPL CAC Ex Northern Lights, named "Miss Amazing Everything" realized $8,225
- Lot 95 $1 1881-S PCGS MS66 GOLD CAC Ex Flannagan Collection realized $7,343.75
- Lot 98 $1 1882-S graded Ex Flannagan Collection, named "Mother Nature’s Ultimate Baby," and one of Laura Sperber’s all-time favorite coins, realized $20,562.50
- Lot 100 $1 1882-S PCGS MS68 CAC Ex Flannagan Collection, realized $24,675
While the sale will certainly be remembered for a very long time for the amazing colored dollars, other great rare coins were also included, and several brought incredibly strong prices.
- Lot 31 $1 1896-S PCGS MS66 PL CAC, Ex Coronet Collection realized $111,625
- Lot 111 Phil Flannagan’s 50C 1795 PCGS MS63 CAC set a record for realizing $176,250
- Lot 142 1C 1886 Type 1 PCGS PR68 BN, realized $10,575
- Lot 168 2C 1871 PCGS MS66 RD realized $27,025
- Lot 181 3CS 1862 PCGS PR66+ CAC realized $7,343.75
- Lot 222 H10C 1835 PCGS MS65 CAC Ex Eliasberg and Flannagan Collections realized $8,812.50
- Lot 267 25C 1805 PCGS MS63 CAC Ex Col. Green and Newman Collections realized $41,125
- Lot 318 50C 1807 O-113 Small Stars. PCGS MS63 Ex Col. Green and Newman Collections, realized $37,600
- Lot 357 50C 1851 PCGS MS67 Ex Pittman. realized $57,500
- Lot 395 50C 1919 PCGS MS67 CAC, realized $44,650
- Lot 451 T$1 1883 PCGS PR67 CAC Ex Lionel Collection, realized $22,912.50
- Lot 469 $2.50 1901 PCGS PR69 DCAM realized $105,750
- Lot 473 $3 1870 PCGS MS65+ CAC realized $67,562.50
- Lot 476 $5 1809/8 PCGS MS64 CAC Ex Lionel Collection, realized $49,937.50
- Lot 513 50C 1938 New Rochelle PCGS SP67 Ex Larry Shepherd Collection, realized $17,625
LRCA founder, Laura Sperber declared, "Yet again we proved that even though Legend Rare Coin Auctions is not the biggest auction company, we sure do get results as big as anyone else in the business!" President of Legend Rare Coin Auctions, Julie Abrams, added, "We want to thank everyone who participated in the auction, both the consignors and all the bidders who participated. We had many new bidders register to bid in our largest sale to date, and 90% of the lots sold went direct to collectors or their agents."
"Let our success with these great consignments be your success in the future," Ms. Sperber said, "we are now accepting consignments for the 19th Regency Auction, being held on December 15 in Las Vegas. We already have over $2,000,000 worth of coins consigned, including the Angel Dee’s Collection of Toned Buffalo Nickels, Part 2 of the Northern Lights Collection, the Knoxville-Morelan 1795 dollar in PCGS MS65 CAC, and a host of other high-grade rarities. We will be taking consignments until October 26. Contact Julie Abrams or Greg Cohen to consign."
Article provided by PCGS at www.pcgs.com