Thomas S. Cleveland is credited with 15 different U.S. coin and medal designs as part of the U.S. Mint’s Artist Infusion Program.
(Newport Beach, California) – Thomas S. Cleveland, an original Master Designer from the United States Mint’s Artistic Infusion Program (AIP), has signed an exclusive insert label signature deal with Professional Coin Grading Service (www.PCGS.com). Best known for the reverse design of the 2007 American Platinum Eagle, Cleveland carries design credits for 15 different U.S. Mint coins and medals.
"This signature deal will allow collectors to further enhance their modern U.S. coins with authentic hand signed insert labels by one of the U.S. Mint’s celebrated AIP Master Designers," said PCGS Vice President Mark Stephenson.
Cleveland’s design for the reverse of the 2007 Platinum Eagle features an upward thrusting American Bald Eagle covered by a Federal Shield with the inscription FREEDOM.
Thomas S. Cleveland’s design of the reverse of the 2007 American Platinum Eagle.
A rendering of the first label release in the Thomas S. Cleveland Signature Series.
The first label release in the collection, branded the Thomas S. Cleveland Signature Series, will feature the device from the Platinum Eagle’s reverse alongside Cleveland’s authentic, hand-signed autograph in bold silver ink. Each of the ensuing insert label releases in the series will follow a similar motif by pairing Cleveland’s U.S. Mint designs with large, clean signatures from the artist.
“I pursued a personal level of excellence in my all my pieces. I am thrilled to now be able to offer my full signature to complement my designs,” stated Cleveland.
Thomas S. Cleveland’s full list of U.S. Mint coin and medal credits is as follows:
- 2014 Florence Harding First Spouse Gold Coin Series, Obverse
- 2014 Florence Harding First Spouse Gold Coin Series, Reverse
- 2013 Meskwaki Nation Code Talker Congressional Gold Medal, Obverse
- 2013 Choctaw Nation Code Talker Congressional Gold Medal, Obverse
- 2013 Crow Creek Sioux Code Talker Congressional Gold Medal, Obverse
- 2013 Crow Creek Sioux Code Talker Congressional Gold Medal, Reverse
- 2011 Vicksburg Mississippi ATB Quarter, Reverse
- 2011 United States Army Half Dollar, Reverse
- 2010 Disabled American Veterans Silver Dollar, Reverse & Inscription
- 2010 Sacagawea Native American Dollar, Reverse
- 2009 Anna Harrison First Spouse Gold Coin Series, Reverse
- 2008 Martin Van Buren First Spouse Gold Coin Series, Reverse
- 2007 The Platinum American Eagle, Reverse
- 2007 The Platinum American Eagle 10th Anniversary Set, Reverse
- 2007 Abigail Adams First Spouse Gold Coin, Reverse
Thomas S. Cleveland, a native of Oklahoma, was among the first group of artists who pioneered the historic Artistic Infusion Program. Serving from 2004 to 2014, he was one of only three original Master Designers remaining in the program in 2014.
According to the U.S. Mint’s website (www.usmint.gov), the Artistic Infusion Program was formed in 2004 to help revitalize United States coin and medal designs. The U.S. Mint developed this collection of diverse American artists to reinvigorate U.S. coinage by creating and submitting new designs for United States coins and medals in collaboration with the United States Mint Sculptor-Engravers.
Thomas S. Cleveland Signature Series labels are now available to collectors through the PCGS Collectors Club and PCGS Authorized Dealer network. For information about PCGS products and services, including these authentic hand signed labels, visit www.PCGS.com/labels or call PCGS Customer Service at (800) 447-8848.
Article provided by PCGS at www.pcgs.com